[SunRescue] Leasing Employees

Jonathan Katz rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Mar 28 23:14:58 CST 2001

Bill wrote:
> Dude, I am trying SO hard to not make some kind of
> prostitute joke here... 8-)

I know you are. I know there are about a dozen things
you can say, and I'm just going to dig the hole deeper.

I freely admit I am whore :) I work for a company which
pimps out my skills to the highest bidder. They take
their cut and I get mine. The company uses their cut, in
part, to train and educate me so I have more skills. My
skillset grows; my knowledge becomes more in-depth and
my skills more finely-tuned. Therefore they can charge
a client more for my services and the services that I
can provider are more specialized (rare) and things a
customer will pay more for.

The nice part is I've finally found a company that at
least pretends to appreciate the things I do for them
and for various clients-- they sent me on a trip to
Hawaii (but cancelled it due to budget cuts) and give
me quarterly bonuses (analagous to crack rocks?) for
superior performance and keeping my ass in hotel rooms
more than in my own house.

The scary thing is I'm afraid I'm going to burn out,
and I'm only 22.

-Jon