[SunRescue] re: [OT] Reliable net access in the boonies

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Mar 28 18:00:11 CST 2001

On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 06:54:36PM -0500, Tim Harrison wrote:
> And, to make it all worse, our tech support manager had invested in NP
> about 6 months ago.  He's just sitting at his desk, holding his head.
> When someone mentions Northpoint, he starts to twitch. :)
> It's almost funny, but the guy's a close friend, and I feel for him.
> He's also not talking to our director of marketing, as he was the chap
> who gave him the "hot stock tip". :)

Makes me *really* glad that I demanded more signing bonus (instead of
more options) when I started at ConnectSouth (see www.connectsouth.com,
then www.DISconnectsouth.com, heh) a year ago tomorrow.  I told them,
"I dont care about getting rich, I want more money now even if it
costs me money later".  Turns out, that attitude paid off.

The company's first round of forced bankruptcy hearings was today.

hehehe.  (I left after four months, due to a horrible work environment
and Too Much Corporate Politics, and "we'll hire 165 more sales people,
but we'll make do with two sysadmins..")

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net