[Fwd: [SunRescue] sol8 01/01 GNU software companion cd wanted]

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Mar 28 08:49:55 CST 2001

Devin -

if I hear of any more mails like this to list members about
posts they made (calling someone a dumbass, AND trying to get them
in trouble with their ISP, over asking for *free software*), I'm likely
to unsubscribe you from all the lists I host on this machine.

First, he was asking for the *software companion CD* which is all
GNU/freely-available software.

Second, even if he *WAS* asking for the Solaris 8 CD images, he
*can* download them *free* from Sun:

http://www.sun.com/software/solaris/binaries/download.html

I wouldnt call downloading ISOs from Sun and then burning them
myself "pirating".

Now, I suggest you apologize to Brian before you look like an
even bigger dumbass.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford