[SunRescue] Upper limit for a nice Ultra-1 set...

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Mar 27 13:11:22 CST 2001

My point was that if Sun views this as a $700 (get it off my hands) system,
then many other systems will drop as well, by a lot.

Compare this with Sun's price on a refurb SS/5-170 at $1030 - if they can
find one to refurb (see
http://store.sun.com/catalog/doc/BrowsePage.jhtml?PartGID=1ZZZZZQ0X22X3PWLLW
ZOZZ0F2XZ3ZRW4)

Or their price for an Ultra 1/170 (not E) for $1600, if you can wait 6 weeks
for delivery (see
http://store.sun.com/catalog/doc/BrowsePage.jhtml?PartGID=1ZZZZZQ0X22X3PWLLW
ZOZZ0F2XZ3ZYSF)

Now these are being sold out another part of Sun, but they really expect to
(and have, I can only assume) sell these systems at these prices.

Ken