[SunRescue] Your not gettin' em!

Devin L. Ganger rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Mar 26 14:19:08 CST 2001

On Mon, Mar 26, 2001 at 02:31:31PM -0500, Matthew Haas wrote:

>  I'd personally understand and free them of any ugly legal mess simply
> from their past record... now if they were like SuperSellers than I'd
> probably consider otherwise. But do we really want to risk causing trouble
> for a pipe-dreamed price on drives that are still worth much more than
> $19?

Then they need to simply say, "Yup, we screwed up.  Rather than take an
ethically distasteful but legally OK way out, we'll stand by it and take
it in the shorts this time."

This is part of the cost of doing business.  When you screw up, you take
it with a smile and the customer goes away happy.  But the customer
comes back.

As it is, all the justification and whinging I've gotten from them via
email this morning goes very far to insure I'll never, ever deal with
them again.  I'd never heard of them before now, and they certainly have
done nothing to distinguish them positively in my mind from all the
other web stores with screamin' deals.  In fact, those other guys have
good customer service.  These folks don't.

--
Devin L. Ganger <devin at thecabal.org>
find / -iname *base* -exec chmod us:us {} \;