[SunRescue] Re: Just thought I'd pass this along

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Mar 26 08:49:42 CST 2001

On Mon, Mar 26, 2001 at 03:02:52PM +0100, Dan Lane wrote:
> I seem to remember there have been a few cases here in the UK where
> companies have been forced to sell products at the wrong price because of
> an error on their website.
> One of the cases I remember was a large chain selling top of the
> range widescreen TVs for 199UKP

>From the confirmation email I got from them:

For all prices and products, we reserve the right to make
adjustments due to errors, changing market conditions,
product discontinuation, or typographical errors in
advertisements including email. The email specials are
only good until the item sells out, or 48 hours following
transmission, whichever comes first.

No such law here, esp. when they've got the above in their
sales terms.  I hope it wasnt a typo...

Bill (only ordered one, damnit)

--
Bill Bradford