HP 1200C (was Re: [SunRescue] What Gem did I find?)

Dave McGuire rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Mar 24 22:11:40 CST 2001

On March 24, Ken Hansen wrote:
> What Dave, you don't have a Docucenter "on-demand" printing press/bindry system in the living room? ;^)

  Nope...but my Linotronic phototypesetter arrives next week. :)

  I'm having crazy thoughts about OCRing and re-typesetting classic
computer docs.  Think high-density print, acid-free paper, delivered
shrink-wrapped and three-hole drilled, put it in your favorite binder,
that sort of thing.  You see, I find those little DEC handbooks
absolutely invaluable.  They're packed with great information.
Problem is, they're printed on really shitty cheap-ass paper that is
starting to disintegrate on the 20-30 year old books.  I'd love to
have that stuff better preserved.

  Just a thought.

> It is only reasonable to assume, for a guy that keeps a Cray in the basement...

  I'd never put a Cray in a basement.  I converted my dining room
into a computer room until I can afford to have a proper
computer-room-style addition put on the house.

         -Dave McGuire