[SunRescue] Geek art and rolling blackouts

James Lockwood rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Mar 23 17:57:36 CST 2001

On Fri, 23 Mar 2001, Chris Byrne wrote:

> I had a 1969 yenko camaro, 396 with the C.O.P.O. aluminum heads, 11:1comp,
> twin dominators on an edlebrock manifold with a custom isky cam,  the dog
> clutch, and the three speed crashbox with 4.11 and 4.56 gear sets for the
> dana in the rear.
>
> We estimated well over 600hp, and the thing would pull into the high 10's
> low 11's if you did it just right. Of course that was with no interior,
> supertubs with 12.5" (biggest we could run legally in MA)and more chassis
> bracing than was used in the construction of the brooklyn bridge.

My toy of choice dates from 1987.  Minor carb, cam and exhaust work,
nothing substantial.  It will do mid 10's, 0.95 lateral G, and get 37MPG
on the freeway if I baby it.  No forced induction or nitrous (though I've
contemplated it).  11500RPM factory redline.

-James [Yamaha FZR1000, if anybody is curious.  150HP, 480lb.]