[SunRescue] Geek art and rolling blackouts

Chris Byrne rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Mar 23 10:40:59 CST 2001

I had a 1969 yenko camaro, 396 with the C.O.P.O. aluminum heads, 11:1comp,
twin dominators on an edlebrock manifold with a custom isky cam,  the dog
clutch, and the three speed crashbox with 4.11 and 4.56 gear sets for the
dana in the rear.

We estimated well over 600hp, and the thing would pull into the high 10's
low 11's if you did it just right. Of course that was with no interior,
supertubs with 12.5" (biggest we could run legally in MA)and more chassis
bracing than was used in the construction of the brooklyn bridge.

We sold it a few months after we built it. It was street legal (barely) but
only got something like 5 miles per gallon.

Chris Byrne