[SunRescue] SCSI Cards wanted

Greg A. Woods rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Mar 23 12:48:44 CST 2001

On Fri, Mar 23, 2001 at 06:43:51PM +1100, Robert Rose wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm in front running to get a stack (about 20) of 2Gb Barracuda drives from
> a disposal at work, only problem is they're narrow diff. SCSI.  I've got
> one DSBE/S in my stock of spares which will take care of 7 drives (which is
> the reason I'm in front running, 'cos _nobody_ has diff. SCSI adaptors at
> home), but that still leaves a stack of drives I can't really make much use
> of.  I'd like to try and obtain another diff SCSI card either SBus or
> ISA/PCI to use in a PeeCee, and I'd be happy to exchange some drives (or
> some other SBus cards I have such as an FSBE, TurboGX or HSI).

I have an SBus narrow differential controller (PTI), with manual and
SunOS drivers (rumour has that NetBSD/sparc supports it but I've never
plugged it in to try as I never managed to get the differential drives
I planned to go with it).

I'd trade it for an ethernet card or a single-ended scsi card (SBus).

I'd also trade it, plus a few dollars I guess, for fast/wide controller
or maybe a quad 10baseT ethernet (though I'm not sure I really could
make an SS-2 into a decent enough router/FW to properly handle my ADSL
as well as my cable modem -- the Pentium 150 is probably better at that).

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods at acm.org>      <robohack!woods>
Planix, Inc. <woods at planix.com>; Secrets of the Weird <woods at weird.com>