[SunRescue] Boot PROM Update

Manuel Weindorf rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Mar 23 05:38:20 CST 2001

Hi there,

I updated the Boot PROM of my Axil Ultima1/200 (Original Sun System
board) while
installing Solaris 8 10/00. The update worked fine (on the 1st view) but
while rebooting
the first time, I was asked for the System speed (But the options did
not include 200Mhz)
So I decided to Stop-A and answer that question the next morning.

BUT the machine now ist running on 71Mhz and does not recognize it's
SCSI and hme0
devices.

Is there a way to load a new Firmware without having Solaris running,
without a CDROM and
without a Harddisk ??? Maybe a diskette ?

Or does anybody have a old Boot PROM on a broken System board for me ??

I hope VERY hardly that someone can help me ...

Thanks in advance

Manuel