[SunRescue] SCSI Cards wanted

Patrick Giagnocavo rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Mar 23 08:33:57 CST 2001

On Fri, Mar 23, 2001 at 06:43:51PM +1100, Robert Rose wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm in front running to get a stack (about 20) of 2Gb Barracuda drives from
> a disposal at work, only problem is they're narrow diff. SCSI.  I've got
> one DSBE/S in my stock of spares which will take care of 7 drives (which is
> the reason I'm in front running, 'cos _nobody_ has diff. SCSI adaptors at
> home), but that still leaves a stack of drives I can't really make much use
> of.  I'd like to try and obtain another diff SCSI card either SBus or
> ISA/PCI to use in a PeeCee, and I'd be happy to exchange some drives (or
> some other SBus cards I have such as an FSBE, TurboGX or HSI).

I have seen some converters that you put between a diff SCSI drive and the
"normal" SCSI adapter.

I wonder if you stuck one converter between a chain of diff SCSI and a
normal adapter whether it would convert everything?

This might be the cheapest way to go.  See

http://www.hitechcafe.com/eshop/dept2.asp?dept_id=1

$49 per drive wouldn't be worth it, $49 for 6 or 7 drives would.

Cordially

Patrick Giagnocavo
patrick at zill.net