[SunRescue] Oh my god it's huge!!!

Chris Byrne rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Mar 22 19:49:20 CST 2001

All,

I finally got my U60 and 24" monitor set up, and all I can say is... well
read my subject line.

It's so nice to be able to have a nice large editor window open and be able
to view the changes I'm making realtime in another window.

Now if I can only find a PC video card that supports the wide screen
resolutions... even better, a TV/cideo card .... mwahahahahaha .... sorry
went a bit overboard there.

Anyway I've put up a picture of my working environment on my web site at
http://www.chrisbyrne.com/images/workdesk.jpg

This is a picture of my work desk. My play desk has the x86, mac, and SGI
boxes on, under, and around it. Soon I'll be moving one of my SGI's and my
primary x86 system to the workdesk as well, and just stick them all on a KVM
switch.

That reminds me, anyone know where I can get a sun adapter for a belkin KVM
switch, and a sun ps/2 keyboard+mouse adapter?

The only problem I have with the new system is that the vendor accidentally
shipped it with the wrong video. But I got in touch with him right away, and
he's fixing that situation as we speak. Once again I can't recommend Steve
Booth and Pastech computer enough.

Chris Byrne