Who's is bigger? was RE: [SunRescue] Re: NetApps?

Chris Byrne rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Mar 22 01:30:15 CST 2001

For a recent employer myself and a gentleman pretty much the same size as
Mike N deadlifted a 900 lb disk drive cabinet, thankfully we only had to
move it four feet, which we did one foot at a time.

In my powerlifting days I once leg pressed 2480 lbs (supported press). That
was an unnoficial record for the 275-319lb class under eighteen leg press. I
could have done more but that was every plate in the gym that would fit on
the sled. The most I ever deadlifted was near 800 lbs and the most I
squatted was 840lbs, both also unnofical under 18 records. I would regularly
hack squat (squatting using a sled) 1400+ lbs.

Of course during this time period I woke up every morning at 5, rode the
bike for ten miles, hit the gym for an hour, then went to early morniing
football or wrestling practice sessions, then to school. After school til
5pm was football or wrestling practice, then ride the bike to the gym (about
5 miles) get on the stationary bike for another five miles, and then power
lift for two hours. Finally I would get home, and work on my computer
projects (how I paid for my gym membership, my italian racing bike, my car
etc...) till after midnight, and sleep for two to four hours if at all.

Man it's amazing how much you can abuse a 16 year old body.

At the time I weighed 285lbs and had 92% lean bodymass. Now I'm 350lbs and
around 65% lean body mass with a bad knee, bad back, chronic insomnia,
tinitis (too many airplanes), tendonitis (too much typing) and to top it all
off I have ulcers (too much of all of the above), and I'm only 24 fer
chrissakes. God I hate to think what condition I'll be in when I'm 65 :-(

Chris  Byrne

<rubbing his wrists and with a heating pad on his knee>