[SunRescue] Re: Heavy Lifting

Robert Novak rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Mar 21 23:43:45 CST 2001

I thought I heard a "Bill Bradford" say:

> On Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 07:56:59PM -0800, Peter L. Wargo wrote:
> > I actually *carried* one of those boogers down to and then up from the
> > basement when we lived in Schenectady... Not a smart thing to do, BTW...
> > -Pete
>
> Worst thing I ever did was dead-lift a HP LaserJet II from the
> front passenger seat to the back seat of my '87 Firebird.

Heh. I've done my share of dumb lifting myself. E250s, the IPI (4 zebras)
tray from a Sun that I carried down two flights and up three from parking
to my apartment... Gets to where I barely notice an 84 pound Sun 21"
monitor. Now 8 of them in a row... owch.

Not looking forward to the SU5000RM with transformer this weekend, but I
should have some help from people who are bigger than me (and no, I'm not
in the contest).

--Rob

        "And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe
           Maybe this year will be better than the last...." -- counting crows