[SunRescue] Re: rescue digest, Vol 1 #1063 - 17 msgs

Scott Newell rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Mar 21 19:58:53 CST 2001

>I remember going "holy shit" when ioNET.NET (now inter.net, part of
>PSI.. *spit*) got an Ultra 1 to be a mail server.  This was 1995 - they'd
>just come out, and the SS20 we'd gotten still smelled new.

My sophmore year, I remember one of my EE classmates, a wealthy foreign
student, bought a _new_ color ss2 setup to run Mathematica!  Even Wurtzel,
who'd re-enrolled that year after doing some design for GNP, was shocked at
the purchase.  The kid also drove an BMW M3, but we were more jealous of
the Sun...

newell