[SunRescue] Re: Recommend starter Sun?

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Mar 21 10:37:34 CST 2001

I would get the SS/10, get a decent CPU (SM51 or better), and insist on *only* using the faster SS/20 RAM.

Then, when you want to goose your performance, you can upgrade to an Ultra 1 and reuse your RAM.

Avoid the temptation of spending money on "new" CPUs - you will only regret it later (though I did get 2x SM71s for $200, that was a good deal, but I wouldn't invest that money today)...

HTH,

Ken