[SunRescue] Veritas backup for *nix

Dave McGuire rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Mar 20 22:43:20 CST 2001

On March 20, Jonathan Katz wrote:
> >   Licenses are a pain in the ass...I run AMANDA.  Initial setup is a
> > pain, but once it's running, it kicks ass.  I'm backing up 33
> > filesystems on 12 machines in three states using AMANDA.  It's cool!
>
> It's good, but how large are those filesystems? How large a
> tapedrive do you use?

  Of course you're talking about AMANDA's inability to split
filesystems across tapes.  That's being worked on, and I believe it's
working in some of the later development snapshots.  Not sure though.

  Anyway, to actually answer your question...I'm using an Exabyte
EXB-480 juke which holds 80 160m Exabyte tapes, using four EXB-8505XL
drives.  They get around 7-8gb on a tape.  My largest filesystem
is about 5gb.

           -Dave McGuire