[SunRescue] My man pages have fallen and they cant get up

Chris Byrne rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Mar 20 22:26:39 CST 2001

All,

something really weird is happening with my system. As I've mentioned I've
jsut rebuilt my U10 after some major league penetration testing. Well I
spent the morning installing the packages necessary for a useful system (why
couldn't Sun include these? I mean they are all free fer chrissakes. Just
take all of sun freeware and burn it onto a cd and distribute it every few
months like SGI does) and something weird happens.

As far as I know nothing I installed should break man, but for some reason I
can no longer read man pages. They are still there, and I can view them with
nroff, but no matter what I do (manpath, explicitly specifying the file etc)
man always returns "no manual page for <x>"

Any ideas?

Chris Byrne