[SunRescue] Veritas backup for *nix

Chris Byrne rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Mar 20 15:24:30 CST 2001

Once again invoking the former storage company engineer hat, Veritas sucks
less than the other commercial backup products, but is rediculously
expensive.

It is also a pain in the ass to manage, and is very insecure in most
configurations, but that can be said of most backup products.

This assumes we are talking about NetBackup, and not one of the half dozen
or so low end backup software products Veritas corp has acquired over the
past several years. ArcServe was for example a perfectly adequate backup
package for single user, and ok for a midsize network. Still a pain to
manage, and still hideously expensive, but less so the netBackup.

Chris Byrne