[SunRescue] Veritas backup for *nix

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Mar 20 15:13:55 CST 2001

On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 08:31:18AM -0800, steve price wrote:
> I've just been told that I may get a corporate license
> for Veritas backup for my Sun, Dec and linux
> boxen.....anybody care to comment on the good as well
> as the bad of this product....thanks!

Netbackup is much nicer than Legato Networker, *except* for the inital
setup.. everything else is much more user-friendly.

Plus, you dont have to install licenses back into the backup/recovery
software when doing a bare-metal recovery - with Veritas Netbackup,
you've got licenses/RTUs, but you dont have to *install* them like
is required with Legato.  As told me to by a Legato field engineer,
"you've got more important things to do like data recovery, than
installing license keys.."

Bill

--
Bill Bradford