[SunRescue] any 3B2 users out there?

Greg A. Woods rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Mar 20 15:07:10 CST 2001

[ On Tuesday, March 20, 2001 at 12:21:53 (+0200), Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [SunRescue] any 3B2 users out there?
>
> That does jog my memory. The 400 had a faster processor, supported more
> memory and had more "slots" than a 300. The 400 motherboard could be put
> into a 300 case, and that was what a 310 was.

Only later 310's and 400's had upgraded 14MHz processors (or ones where
the owner had done so with an upgrade kit, such as myself).  400's
orginally had 10MHz clocks and very early 300's (and maybe 310's had
8.2MHz clocks).

	http://cua6.csuohio.edu/~bob/3b2faq.html

:-)

Someday I really should fire up my 500 and see if I can get it on the
net.....  It would give me even more of an excuse to run a DMD again
too!  (but where would I put it with three 20" monitors already on my
desk now!?!?!?)

Once I dreamt of porting NetBSD to it, though now I think I'd like to
just have a copy of the latest System V Release 4 (preferrably with
full source :-) fall into my hands somehow....  I love old hardware, but
I hate old software!  :-)

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods at acm.org>      <robohack!woods>