Geek Art (was: Re: [SunRescue] What to do...)

Mike Hebel rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Mar 20 09:27:14 CST 2001

>>Back at NCGR, we had the entire SA suite (big office with four cubies)
>>decorated with old boards.  Most were Sun4 or Sun3 VME, I also remember a
>>PPRO motherboard that pissed me off, a Supercard-1 (i860) VME card, and
>>bunches of other dead/bon-dead items.

I used to have a 2 foot square magnetic core memory board hanging on my wall
for all to see.  I put it in the garage last year so I could hang a
dartboard for stress relief.

I once gave some serious thought to making a painted wall computer like in
John Brunner's - Shockwave Rider :
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0345324315/qid=985102508/sr=1-6/ref=s
c_b_7/002-7447929-9854438

Then I got "smarter" and limited myself by figuring out that I couldn't do
it and get any speed/power out of it.  Although you might be able to build a
Beowulf wall...hmmm.... ;-)

Mike Hebel