[SunRescue] What to do with a lowly Sun 3/50 crate?

User Bobkeys BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Mar 20 09:03:31 CST 2001

> > One fellow suggested bolting it
> > to the wall... howz about a SunMobile with half a dozen VME cards and
> > a 3/50 crate hanging in the air.....as long as they don't drop.....
>
> Possibly-- I have some old Sun2 VME cards nailed to my wall as 'art.' I
> also have some HP-1000 64k RAM cards nailed up right next to it. It's
> an old Xylogics tape controller and a VME->Unibus controller, if any of
> you want either ;)

Well, for the fun of it, I might could use a sun2 cpu card and enough
ram to get it going.  I have a sun2 controller.  There has been some
recent work on getting a sun2 NetBSD port up and running.  That sort
of critter might make an interesting companion to my MVII crate.

> Most folks comment it looks pretty cool-- but then again, they may be
> placating my completely lack of taste and interior design skills.

Hey, it's good art-deco wallpaper, right?  Truest form of Geek Art....

Bob