[SunRescue] NetApps?

Bran Tregare rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Mar 19 23:37:09 CST 2001

There's a couple companies out there that build IDE raid arrays :)  with a
F/W or LVD Scsi interface, an 8 drive array looks like 1 physical drive to
teh SCSI bus. installed one of these at the last place i worked, filled
with IBM 75 GB IDE drives :)  half a terabyte for ~8K :)  a heckuva lot
less ecpensive than anything else we found (they were in pennypinch mode at
the time) Raid 5 internally and we were planning on hanging 15 of these off
of a LVD controller for ~ 7.5 TB storage space for around 100K (really
inexpensive when we installed it)