[SunRescue] NetApps?

oneiros rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Mar 19 18:44:48 CST 2001

Thus spake Gregory Leblanc (gleblanc at cu-portland.edu):

> Where do you guys get these things?  We had somebody come try to sell us
> on here at the office, and the cheapest configuration that they were
> going to sell was looking to be like 40K.  And that was for "just" a
> couple hundred gigs. How big are the ones that you guys have, and how do
> I get one (either for home, or for work).  They look just sooo nice.
> :-)

Yes.  They are wonderful machines.  Killer, in fact.  And the price tag shows
this.  ;(

I've found one company that sells used NetApp gear.  You can get old models
for price that won't drop your jaw.  URI: http://www.unioncomputer.com/

I have never bought anything from them, so ymmv.  I'd be interested to hear
about experiences with using older NetApp gear, and if it's worth it.

--
 oneiros <oneiros at darkspire.net>    1024D/62C2F77D
 url: http://oneiros.darkspire.net/ EBB8 AF14 8C43 2F12 7623