Sol 7/8 (was: Re: [SunRescue] Re: New SunBlade)

Peter L. Wargo rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Mar 19 22:04:09 CST 2001

>From: Kurt Mosiejczuk <kurt at csh.rit.edu>
>To: <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [SunRescue] Re: New SunBlade
>Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 15:08:21 -0500 (EST)
>
>On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, Jonathan Katz wrote:
>
>> Kurt asked:

>A lot of businesses certify a platform and stick with it for a while.
>And they prefer to keep a more homogenous mix of server systems.

Or sever/desktop... We went through this w/E10000 - it was (and still is, TMK)
running 2.6 while desktops were all upped to Sol 7 because we thought at the
time E10K was right after that.  It stayed at 2.6 (apps), and then we had to
make sure all compiles were on 2.6 so it could run on both 2.6 and 7.  It's a
pain to upgrade an E10K, I know...

-Pete