[SunRescue] domain FS

Jeff Workman rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Mar 18 17:17:27 CST 2001

Stoned koala bears drooled eucalyptus spit in awe as Scott Norwood
exclaimed:

> My biggest peeve about the whole "competition among registrars" issue
> is how the whois service has gone way downhill, with each registrar
> having a different format and whois server.  Live was so much easier
> when the .com .net and .org TLDs and the ARIN whois information all
> lived at rs.internic.net (or, to go back further, nic.ddn.mil, if
> I remember correctly).

What would be really nice is if everybody would use the RIPE style
databases.  But this is probably OT (if there is such a thing on this list,
LOL.)

Jeff

--
"...and the burnt fool's bandaged finger goes wobbling back to the
fire." -Joe Zeff in the SDM.