[SunRescue] domain FS

Scott Norwood rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Mar 18 12:59:23 CST 2001

On Sun, 18 Mar 2001, Bran Tregare wrote:

> I'm registering through godaddy software :)  $8.95 a year and it goes as
> low as ~ 6.50 a year if you up for 10 years :)

Wow...10 years with them for less than the cost of two with Netsol.  Of
course, this depends on the idea that they won't go bankrupt before
then, which is entirely possible considering that (last I checked),
they have to pay Netsol $6/domain/year anyway.

I feel kind of crazy to still be dealing with Netsol myself, but I
justify it in this way:  they're a known quantity, and I don't want to
mess with moving a name that was registered before there was any
choice.  For the most part, Netsol is no worse than any of the horror
stories that I've heard from the other registrars; much as I dislike
them, I'm not sure that I'd want to deal with switching registrars.

My biggest peeve about the whole "competition among registrars" issue
is how the whois service has gone way downhill, with each registrar
having a different format and whois server.  Live was so much easier
when the .com .net and .org TLDs and the ARIN whois information all
lived at rs.internic.net (or, to go back further, nic.ddn.mil, if
I remember correctly).

- Scott