[SunRescue] Recommend starter Sun?

Mike Hebel rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Mar 16 23:18:10 CST 2001

>>Where in the install process did you start to have problems?

Ok. *scratches head* The LX boots.  Figure that one out.  The mystery line
is the beginning of the install script thus:

rootdev=0x1100 rrootdev=0x6a00 rawdev=0x6a02
WARNING: clock gained 130 days -- CHECK AND RESET THE DATE!
erase ^?, werase ^W, kill ^U, intr ^C, status ^T
upported terminals are: sun vt* pcvt* pc3 dumb
Terminal type? [sun]

Well, at least I'm getting somewhere - it may be terminal emulation related.
I may be booted but just can't see it.  Although I'm not sure what to make
of this as an issue because IIRC the headless configuration should be the
same for both sun4c and sun4m, and probably quite a few suns.

If anybody's got any other suggestions please let me know though as I don't
want to overlook anything.

(Though I'm sure I will have the words "clueless newbie" plastered upon my
forehead before I'm done with this ;-)

Mike Hebel