[SunRescue] Anyone need some computing time or shell?

Greg A. Woods rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Mar 16 22:30:13 CST 2001

[ On Friday, March 16, 2001 at 11:08:51 (-0500), Joshua D. Boyd wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [SunRescue] Anyone need some computing time or shell?
>
> On a slightly different note, I'm sick of all the OSS projects (like
> Panora and GMAN) that talk about how they are going to be the best
> renderer yet, and yet then never get past the simple ray-tracing stage.
> If all I wanted was a good raytracer, I'd get better results out of
> POVRay.  And person with the simplest programming skills should be able to
> write a raytracer if they wanted too.

Some "idiots" don't seem to realise that the goal of free/open/public
software is *NOT* to gain market share dominance (quite the opposite in
many cases!).  Use of commercial software "marketing" mechanisms can
only destroy free software (or at least its reputation).

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods at acm.org>      <robohack!woods>
Planix, Inc. <woods at planix.com>; Secrets of the Weird <woods at weird.com>