[SunRescue] Barebones O2 is gone, but I have two more

Christopher Byrne rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Mar 16 19:12:52 CST 2001

Well I had almost 20 inquiries about the barebones O2, and quite a few more
on the possibility of getting one of my other O2's so I thought I'd post
this to the list

Especially since my just recently previous emplyer underpait me by $2000.00
just after I bought $10,000 worth of furniture and other computer equipment.

Anyway this is what I have that I'm willing to give up

1 SGI O2 R10K 195mhz
1 SGI O2 R5K 185mhz
12 32 megabyte DIMMS for O2 (384mb total, 8 max per O2)
2 hdd sleds
2 4.3 gig HDD
3 2.1 gig hdd
2 AV modules
1 moosecam
1 granite mouse and keyboard
2 sets of IRIX 6.5 media with overlays

The memory and drives can be combined with a chassis to make a whole system.
SGI O2's use standard PS2 keyboards, HD15( VGA) monitor connections, PCI
expansion, SCA 3.5" Ultra SCSI drives, and a standard external SCSI
interface, plus built in FastEthernet. That makes them compatible with many
Sun setups.
The only area where they are weird is they use special RAM, and it's
commonly available from licensed manufactureres at far lower rates than the
factory.

I havent set a price on the lot yet, but my EBay purchase cost on all of it
was more than 2K three months ago. I would be willing to sell each system
individually, or all of the stuff as a group.

If you're interested make me an offer.

Chris Byrne