[SunRescue] Possibly dead Sun SCA hard disks?

jcarver rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Mar 14 21:02:58 CST 2001

Could that Seagate possibly be a ST31200WC (1 gig 1/3 Hawk)? Those seem
to work fine in Sun applications when I've used them. ST2XXXX model
number indicates a 5.25 1/2 height form factor. You would definately
have problems using one of those in a Sparc product internally. As for
the Quantum's, they do seem to be more of a problem. All though I have
encountered "Sun Branded" ones. Usually in the 1-2 gig size range.

				jim