[SunRescue] Yay, I don't feel quite so freaking young anymore!

Peter L. Wargo rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Mar 14 18:46:32 CST 2001

I just remember how sklow it was - almost as bad as the Prime (running
PRIMOS!) we had to use at RPI my Freshman year for FORTRAN-2 (I started
at RPI, transferred to Clarkson).

CLUTX was really dog slow.  When I started being the admin on a bunch of
Sun2's, I let fellow students use them to finish programming projects.  I
got in trouble, because they were part of the administrative network...
Sheesh, I thought the school was there for the students...

Ah ,yes... spock.adm.clarskon.edu, and kirk, scotty, etc... For a time, I
had the SMD disk we called "Spock's Brain" - It was a beautiful 120M 8"
SMD disk in the external pedistal. You'd be amazed how many students could
use a 4M 2/120 with 2x72M disks and an external 120M disk... :-)

-P