[SunRescue] Questions on IPX and Dataram 64M expansion board

Kurt Mosiejczuk rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Mar 14 15:02:41 CST 2001

On Wed, 14 Mar 2001, Ken Hansen wrote:

> Did you try booting the IPX without the Dataram card?
Yup.  That's how I get the unexpected trap 9 error.

> Did you try booting with only a minimal amount of RAM installed?
Yup.  I pulled one of the 2 SIMMs it came with, swapped with the
other one, even tried another one I had (pulled from an ELC).  No
dice.

> Are there any SBUS cards installed (assume not)?
Nope.

> This unit came full of RAM (4x 16 Meg) + the DataRam card? If so, you are lucky, that RAM, depending on speed, may be transferable to an LX, an empty base of which can be bought for under $50 (IIRC) from folks like mike at www.twmaster.com (for instance). 16 Meg Parity RAM sells for about $20/stick in most commercial settings...

It came with two sticks that look a little odd (They are bigger (physically)
than my other 16meg SIMMs).  I plan on at least putting them to use in
my other IPXs.

> Just a few quick thoughts,
>
> Ken

Thanks.