[SunRescue] Questions on IPX and Dataram 64M expansion board

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Mar 14 14:17:36 CST 2001

Did you try booting the IPX without the Dataram card?

Did you try booting with only a minimal amount of RAM installed?

Are there any SBUS cards installed (assume not)?

This unit came full of RAM (4x 16 Meg) + the DataRam card? If so, you are lucky, that RAM, depending on speed, may be transferable to an LX, an empty base of which can be bought for under $50 (IIRC) from folks like mike at www.twmaster.com (for instance). 16 Meg Parity RAM sells for about $20/stick in most commercial settings...

Just a few quick thoughts,

Ken