[SunRescue] need some faster SBUS CPUs in Europe

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Mar 14 14:26:31 CST 2001

I sent a note from home, but Verizon is on day three of an email "problem"...

The Auction of the SS/1000 went from $350-ish to $660 in a matter of 30 minutes, with the price rocketing $200 in the last 2 minutes!

At the end, in about 90 seconds the hit count went from 560 +/- to 960!

The system had 2x SM61s and 2x SM51s, based on my assessment of the pictures.

It had 3x system boards, with many SBUS cards (fast-wide? other?) and 128 Meg RAM.

I was going to buy it to part it out, but lost interest at about $550.

I guess SS/1000 are still popular...

Ken