[SunRescue] Questions on IPX and Dataram 64M expansion board

Kurt Mosiejczuk rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Mar 14 13:19:51 CST 2001

I recently got an IPX for shipping costs (it was known to probably
not work).  I'm getting an interesting error message from it.

Of course, I cannot remember the EXACT message (now that I'm at
work writing the email), but it was basically an unhandled trap,
and I do recall strongly that the trap number was 9.  Now, I tried
some different memory than what was in there, cause it didn't look
like the other memory I have in my working IPXs, and still got
the same message.  Anyone have any idea on this?

And the second part of this... the IPX had a Dataram 64Meg
expansion board ( the main board AND the daughter board). It has
a cable with it that is actual wires, not just printed ribbon like
most of the pictures I've seen.  Now, the IPX it was in has issues
without this board in it, but I tried it in a sparc 2 I have that
is full of 64meg onboard, and it puts out the serial port almost
immediately when I power on something about unexpected trap.  I
suspect this means the board is probably bad, but I was wondering
if anyone could say otherwise, or perhaps could say that certain
prom versions hated these boards (I believe that sparc 2 has
like 2.4 in it).

Thanks in advance for any advice you folks can give me.

--Kurt