[SunRescue] Opening 811s

Sebastian Marius Kirsch rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Mar 14 06:51:03 CST 2001

On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 09:34:11AM +0000, David Cantrell wrote:
> I recently got hold of a bunch of 811s (thanks Thomas!) but am having
> trouble getting them open.  Any clues?

The 811 should be easy, it has two large buttons on the side that will
open it. If these don't work, you can poke a screwdriver into the holes
directly beneath the buttons; this will push back the catch.

The one that is really tricky is the 411 case; with this case, you have
to count three holes from the back and one hole from the top, and poke
a screwdriver in to release the catch. Most people don't know this,
hence, most 411 cases have broken catches.

--
Yours, Sebastian Kirsch <skirsch at moebius.inka.de>

Please ignore previous signature.