[SunRescue] wanted: cheap x86 laptop with sound card

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Mar 11 13:22:50 CST 2001

I would suggest the Portege 650ct that I got from Supersellers, they have
lots of  laptops, fairly decent for under $300 (incl. Win95, P/133, 1.3 Gig
HD, 32 Meg RAM, floppy, 800x600 display, etc.)...

If that is a bit much for your budget, then you are really talking about
486-class laptops (to get soemthing decent).

BTW, there is a nice docking station available for the above (and many
other) Toshiba laptops, the DeskStation V Plus - typically under $50, has
three PCI slots (two are shared PCI/ISA slots), SCSI adapter, and space for
a 5 1/4" CD-ROM.

I really like mine, I am starting to find myself using is as a "huge" PDA
;^)

Oh, this is a sort-of light-weight laptop - 5 pounds I think.

The best deal was HiTechCafe.com had P/300 Portege 3020 w/6 gig HD, floppy,
10.4" TFT display for $499 - they just upped the price to $650...

That was/is a *real* nice laptop.

Ken
Ken