[SunRescue] IPX again

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Mar 10 09:46:20 CST 2001

How would the spike get past/through the power supply?

I assume you have RAM, an HD, eveything else that would be needed to run,
correct?

Since the keyboard LED flashed, I suspect the PS is marginal - you might
want to try and get a new PS (a replacement IPX base is $30 at
http://twmaster.com/sun2.html).

Are there any SBUS cards installed?

My advice, get the machine as simple as possible and try and get to the boot
prompt (minimal RAM, no option cards, etc.)

HTH,

Ken