[SunRescue] Should an editor require you to think?

Mike Hebel rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Mar 8 23:50:50 CST 2001

>>How did this intensely silly thread manage to skip over "front panel
>>toggle switches"!?!?
>>
>>(Yes, I've coded little demo programs that way. It was silly, but
>>an interesting exercise.)

Hah!  Something I can actually relate to!

I had an Altair 680B that did not have any other interface on it except for
the switches and lights.

For show and tell in grade school my dad helped me program it so that we
could show people the progression of numerical calculation when a program
was run.

I still have that box.  (I must admit that I accidentally borked something
in it when I tried to add a serial console to it.  That was the one without
the proper S100(S50?) bus too!

Mike Hebel  (Wishing they would have at least once started up the 370/145 in
the electronics lab in high school.)