[SunRescue] 4/330 woes revisited.

Tim Harrison rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Mar 7 21:06:17 CST 2001

"Joshua D. Boyd" wrote:

> OK, say that instead of _0x_38 it was _0x_654.  That would be equal to
> 6*16^2+5*16^1+4*16^0.  Or, 6*256+5*16+4.  The +8 from the first example is
> the digits place.

Okay, it's all clear to me now.  Thanks Joshua.  I have a little bit of
a learning disability when it comes to mathematics (pretty stupid for an
admin to have, but unfortunately, that's the case), so it sometimes
needs to be drawn out for me before it clicks into place. :/

Okay, so, we've figured out that somehow, the system thinks there should
be a different amount of RAM than it really has.  That solves question
#1. :)

--

Tim Harrison
Network Engineer