[SunRescue] Re: SS2 memory

jcarver rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Mar 7 20:57:51 CST 2001

I used an aries research 64 meg board (base and daughter) in
an IPX Didn't seem to have any problem with the 4/16meggers on
board. I used a meter to scope out the pinouts on the jumper
cable and built a new longer one so I could move to board over
to the other side of the case. I still had use of the sbus next
to the power supply and I could close the lid. I used the 4
position connectors that PC's use for speaker connects to the
MB. A pair of them side by side just fits into the socket on
the IPX board the on the ram card. You will need 4 of the little
black plastic headers and 16 wires with connects on them. I just
butt spliced them in the middle. Not elegant but serviceable. I
never throw anything away. Always save the leads to case LED's etc.,
and cut all the power connects off at the case on power supplies. You
just never know when they will come in handy ;)

				jim