[SunRescue] 4/330 woes revisited.

Dave Reader rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Mar 7 10:57:16 CST 2001

On Wed, 7 Mar 2001, BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak wrote:

> > <Probing for Main Memory>
> > <Found 0x00000038 MB of Main Memory>
> >  error: Configuration Register Incorrect for 56MB
> >   exp = 0xb or 0x4, obs = 0x00000006
>
> That would suggest that it hit something at around 38mb even though
> it has 56mb in it.  That is at around 6mb off the main board ram.

Nope.

_0x_38 == (3 * 16) + 8 == 56

It's complaining that a config register is wrong. Perhaps the conf-reg
says to test more memory than it actually has?

> >   exp = 0xb or 0x4, obs = 0x00000006

This line is the clue you get - it expected to find a value of 0xb or
0x4... it actually observed 0x6.

Check your config registers are set to sensible values and reboot, would
be my guess at a sensible first-thing to try.

Dave.