[SunRescue] 4/330 woes revisited.

BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Mar 7 08:43:27 CST 2001

> <Probing for Main Memory>
> <Found 0x00000038 MB of Main Memory>
>  error: Configuration Register Incorrect for 56MB
>   exp = 0xb or 0x4, obs = 0x00000006
>

> Now, layman guess:  borked memory?  Anyone have a better translation
> that that?

That would suggest that it hit something at around 38mb even though
it has 56mb in it.  That is at around 6mb off the main board ram.
The first thing I would try, since it is above the 32mb on-board
capacity, is to pull the small vme ram boards, and try that.
IF it comes up OK, then isolate to where on the ram board it might
be, or find another ram board.  Those little ram boards use simms,
so probably a simm is either loose or improperly seated, or bad.

That would be my take on it.

Bob