[SunRescue] Re: Usenet: SUN 330 Free to good home

Chris Powell rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Mar 7 04:09:56 CST 2001

BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak wrote:

> > saw this on misc.forsale.computers.workstation:
>
> If noone objects in shrieking horror, may I claim dibsies on this
> critter?  It's in town, here, and the shipping would be horrible,
> to anyone else, right?.....(:+}}...
>
> > Free to good home 1 SUN SPARC 330

If anyone has a spare 4/330 (or 4/630MP for that matter) in the UK
I'd be really interested. I'd finally be able to try out IPI
discs (in mass storage cabinets) I've had sat doing nothing for
2 years :)

Dave Reader wrote:

> I have seen suggestions that the rom monitor on the 4/330 variant of the
> 4/300 cpu was different to other 4/300's to enforce (read: cripple) some
> of the capabilties.

According to the Sun FE manual the same boot PROM is used for all 4300
CPUs. Listed are Sun-4/310/350/360/370/380/390 (note, the 330 is missing!).

Chris.