[SunRescue] Pico Forever!!!

Craig Steinberger rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Mar 6 23:29:39 CST 2001

on 3/6/01 6:19 PM, dave at cca.org at dave at cca.org wrote:

> How many of us keep up our ed reflexes? I've found 4 reasons for still
> using ed from time to time:

I'd say that if you are doing a disaster recovery (you can only boot into
single user mode, if you are lucky), then there's a 50-50 chance your
terminal setting are not going to work right. In that case, life is very
unpleasant if you can't use ed or at least ex.

Speaking of lost arts, who can still write a termcap entry given just the
tech manual for a terminal. The last time I had to do that was for some
junked Prime terminals.

-Craig
--
Craig Steinberger