[SunRescue] Looking for disk array, was: need NT-1

Joshua D. Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Mar 5 23:32:16 CST 2001

On Mon, 5 Mar 2001, Chris Byrne wrote:
> WHat kind of disk array are we talking about, how large, and how much do
> you want to spend. Someone has something I want on EBay, but they are unwilling
> to sell it without the A5000 disk array they have hung off the side.
>
> Personally I think the A5000 is fine, if a bit overpriced like all of Sun's
> storage solutions, but I don't want to lay out the cash for it.
>
> BTW, the seller with the U60 who I figured would reject the 5K bid, did,
> "No Thanks". We'll see how willing she is to sell after no-one meets her
> reserve price for the third time in a row.

I once was looking for a keyboard (of the music type).  A guy had a Korg
M1 (still pretty cool back then) that he wanted $800 for.  I offered him
$700, but he turned me down, wanting the full $800 which I just didn't
have. A month later I hear he sold if for $600.  What is with people?  At
the time I heard he sold it I still would have been willing to pay $700.
Argh.

--
Joshua Boyd