[SunRescue] Usenet: SUN 330 Free to good home

Gregory Leblanc rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Mar 5 20:08:58 CST 2001

On 05 Mar 2001 22:52:41 +0000, Dave Reader wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Mar 2001, BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak wrote:
[snip]
> The machine has two full height 5.25" drives bays, one if which is
> accessible from the front of the unit.

I seem to recall mine having 2 full height 5.25" bays internal, plus
another one that's available from the front.  I'm too lazy to move all
my stuff off and check (makes a great end table).

> They're a 33MHz CPU. They do have those little mostek/st nvram chips - so
> you may need to do something if the battery is dead (i've got one modified
> as per the FAQ with a couple of AA cells wired onto it ... works fine).

No, only 25MHz, but with write through cache.  :-)

> Will run SunOS 4.x, NetBSD. I've booted OpenBSD but it didnt install the
> bootloader correctly - that may have been my fault. Linux supposedly runs
> but I haven't successfully booted it yet (will try again one day). I
> believe that these were last supported under Solaris 2.4 .. i'm sure
> someone will correct me if I'm wrong :)

NetBSD or SunOS4 is probably the way to go, Linux on the Sun4 wasn't
that awesome last I checked. (been about a year though).

    Greg